We operate 2 repeaters for local use in the 70cm FM/Fusion (GB3KL) and 2m FM (GB3KY) bands. These are financed by club membership fees.
The original 2m repeater was built and converted from PMR usage by Derek Chapman G4SJV. It is dedicated to the memories of Cyril G8XTY and Ron G1ONF who did all the hard work to get the repeater licensed. Now sadly silent key in this world, but no doubt listening from elsewhere.
Visit the repeaters website here
Frequency – 145.7125
CTCSS – 94.8Hz
Frequency – 433.100
CTCSS – 94.8Hz
GB3KL 70cms Analogue/Fusion Repeater
Output 433.100 Input 434.700
Repeater Keeper: Peter G0IJU Link Keeper Roy G8KOC
The Repeater is now dual mode and is linked to the WIRES-DX worldwide system via an RF gateway.
You can use it as a normal analogue repeater or by switching to DN mode on your Yaesu rig (same frequency) link to CQ-UK room.
The WIRES-X gateway is attended use and may not always be available, however the repeater will function 24/7 in the NV mode.
You can disconnect the CQ-UK room using your transceiver in the X mode and reconnect to any of the hundreds of Worldwide stations any time while on the repeater.
To access other rooms on a Yaesu FTM100D:
- Press and hold the DX button ( X flashes on the L/H side of Frequency display).
When GB3KL is connected X is solid and the display will show:
GB3KL-LINK Kings Lynn CQ-UK
- Press and hold BAND/MHz Button – this displays CATEGORY list – Rotate Dial to Display ALL Rooms then press DISP/SETUP briefly. This will display a list of all accessible rooms (100s).
- Rotate the dial to select the room you want to connect to – then press DISP/SETUP Make your call.
- To disconnect press and hold * (star) on the microphone for over 1 second – Then if needed press DX button.
- Please leave a 4 second gap between overs to allow link to reset.